• Each of our art cards is designed with the individual artist in mind. The reverse side of your card is personalized with your text, contact info and an image or logo to match your unique vision. Need a logo? We can make one for you!
• Cards come cut, scored, and ready for folding. Don’t forget your matching envelopes and clear poly bags.
• Standard sizes are 5″x7″, 6×9 (5.75″ x 9″), 4×6 (4.5″ x 5.75″), 4″x9″ and 5.5″ square, and an invitation size 3.5″ x 5″.
5″x7″ cards are the industry standard and will fit in most pre-made card racks. Custom sizes are always available.
• Kalima 14pt – Our most popular paper! Kalima is smooth, bright white and coated (slightly glossy). It’s perfect for reproducing rich, vibrant colours. It’s very popular for prints from photography, acrylic, oils, and digital art. The sheets are stiff and substantial, making for high quality professional-looking art cards and prints. Acid Free. FSC certified and made in Canada.
• Finch Fine ID 14pt – This is our most popular uncoated (matte) stock sheet. Finch is a substantial weight for cards and prints. Great for reproductions of pencil and watercolor art or whenever a matte surface is desired. Bright white and smooth. Made in the USA. FSC certified and SFI certified.
• Minimum print runs are between 50 and 100 (depending on size) per art card design. Substantial price breaks for volume.
• The inside of your art cards can be blank or printed with your choice of black and white or full colour text and images. Most artists print blank cards, so buyers can use them for any occasion.
Fill out our order form for pricing including design and proofing, envelopes and clear bag sleeves.
We take great care to package your order safely and securely. It’s extremely rare for items to be damaged in transit, however if there’s a problem with your delivery please take photographs of the outside of the package and the damaged items and email the pictures in to us. Include a list of the items damaged and we will re-print and send out to you as quickly as possible.
All orders are shipped by Canada Post Expedited mail with insurance and tracking for your peace of mind.
What payment methods do you accept?admin2018-10-16T12:50:53-07:00
It’s important we use the best quality image files possible to print from, as the finished print can only be as good as the image we are given! If you are scanning or photographing your art piece, we have some tips to help you achieve good results in our Artists’ Handbook. Your image files should be in .tiff, .PSD (Photoshop) or .jpg format at 300 – 400 dpi at 100% size, in Adobe RGB colour space.
Digital layouts (print ready) should be provided as InDesign or as high quality .PDF files (with bleed if applicable).
If your image files don’t fit within these parameters you can still share them with us, we can advise you if they will work or not and offer further advice
Is your paper and card stock eco-friendly?admin2020-07-24T09:27:56-07:00
We always show our clients a print proof before continuing with producing their order. If you are located outside of Victoria we can mail the proof out to you, if needed adjustments can be made for a small fee.
Set-up and proofing of new image files starts at $15 for digital press prints and art cards. Giclée proofs start at $20 (for print ready digitally created art / photo test strip) and $35 for images of original paintings.
Please note, the appearance of colours can vary widely when viewing on a screen compared to in print; and the accuracy of colour matching is dependent on the quality of the image file and the lighting / camera used.
*If critical colour matching is required, we recommend photographing or scanning your original art work for you for best results!
Do your minimum order amounts and price break quantities count for mixed images?admin2020-07-24T09:30:17-07:00
We take great care when producing art cards and prints, making sure the colours consistently match the proofs which we keep on file for every single order we print.
Due to the high level of attention and time required to make adjustments to the printing press for colour matching, we have minimum order amounts and price breaks based on orders per image.
Therefore minimum order amounts cannot contain mixed images.
This is because the same amount of work is involved for setting the files up for print and colour matching, no matter if we are printing 50 cards or 5000 cards.
We guarantee repeat print orders will always match the print proof, which is part of our set-up procedure for new orders. Our clients are invited to come and view the proofs at our studio in Victoria, or have them mailed.
Want to sell sets of cards? We stock clear bags and sturdy clear boxes to fit packs of 5″x7″ cards and matching envelopes. Other sizes boxes are available upon request (usually in stock within 1 or 2 days). If you need an insert for packaging we can design and print one for you!